COMMUNITY BOARD MEMBER ORIENTATION
- To understand the importance and purpose of boards
- Discuss the roles, responsibilities and expectations of boards and board members
- Clarity the difference between governance and management
- Explore how staff and board members can best work together
- Understand the purpose of committees and how to set them up for success
Guest Speaker: Nanette Fridman, Princpal, Fridman Strategies; author of Holding the Gavel and On Board
JLA is developed with support from the Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford and funded by the Jewish Community Foundation, the Auerbach-Schiro Foundation, the Samuel Roskin Trust at Hartford Foundation for Public Giving, Lea and Richard Rubenstein, Lisa and Peter Fishman, Alan and Michele Parker, Howard and Patti Weiner and Sandy and Arnie Dashefsky.